Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I am not sure if I understood everything about the story. It was interesting to read and think about what it really means to be human. In the case of having a pet, does it really matter if the pet is real? Sometimes I feel that humans are less 'human' than androids could be. I think the question of what it means to be human is something that we constantly explore. As individuals we are striving to explore our own personality and identity. That is part of human nature. The fact that androids want to run away from their life seems to suggest that they possess human qualities as well but whether that means they are human or not is still left undecided. Philip K. Dick's world is not one that has easy answers. It is a very thought provoking book and for the most part I enjoyed it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment